Greybishop's Chess Set

An area to update those interested in my progress as I build a custom "Marvel Vs. DC" Chess Set. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

An old guy who you would find boring. Special skills include: Ability to eat a whole pizza in a single sitting, regardless of size; Amazing taste in comic book related apparel; My cleverest moments invariably occur when there's no audience.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Making a start on R2-D2

This tiny bit of steel painted on R2-D2 marks a milestone. For the first time, an entire ROW of figures is now underway. Up until this point, most of the figures had been randomly distributed through each of the sets, but as of now, there is paint on every figure assigned to the back row of the Star Wars heroes. Thanks in large part to a similar colour scheme for most of the heroes, the majority of them are finished or near to complete.

For a reference reminder, I held an American dime beside R2. Believe it or not, he's NOT the smallest figure I'm using. He's actually a hair taller than the Yoda figure I recently completed.


After I took the above picture, I checked against my reference photos and realized that I had missed painting the bottom ring of R2's dome. Corrected here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home