Greybishop's Chess Set

An area to update those interested in my progress as I build a custom "Marvel Vs. DC" Chess Set. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

An old guy who you would find boring. Special skills include: Ability to eat a whole pizza in a single sitting, regardless of size; Amazing taste in comic book related apparel; My cleverest moments invariably occur when there's no audience.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Filling in those pesky gaps.

As I noted in the previous article, all is not well on the figure front. I need to find several figures to serve in various capacities to complete the various "Sides" I plan to create for the chess set.
Superhero miniatures are HARD to find. Only a few have been created over a number of decades and I've been working hard to collect what I need to make my set.
For "Gap filling" I'm going to have to get creative, because there just aren't enough Marvel and DC figures available to do the job.
So, on to the net we go.
This site, Old Glory Miniatures, seems to have the best selection of generic superhero figures of ANYWHERE I've seen. This site is the homepage of the company that makes them. I'll have to mod them to get them to work as Marvel or DC heroes, but there are lots of "Close enough"s to work from.
Scale might be an issue, since these are 33mm figs while the Marvel and DC figures I have are 25mm scale, but I'm not too worried. I'll proabably buy one or two to test.

Check out set #3 of civilians. There's a familiar looking bald man in a wheel chair and a man in a business suit who's hair I could file off to make a certain Supervillian from DC...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home