Greybishop's Chess Set

An area to update those interested in my progress as I build a custom "Marvel Vs. DC" Chess Set. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

An old guy who you would find boring. Special skills include: Ability to eat a whole pizza in a single sitting, regardless of size; Amazing taste in comic book related apparel; My cleverest moments invariably occur when there's no audience.

Friday, August 10, 2007

A Finalized Lineup - Finally!

DC "Good Guys"

King - Martian Manhunter
Queen - Wonder Woman
Bishop - Superman
Bishop - Dr. Fate
Knight - Batman
Knight - Green Arrow (Like Bats, no powers and the figure has a weapon)
Rook - Hawkman (The wings give him the "Bulk" I always associate with rooks)
Rook - Hawkman Version 2. (This is Hawkman from "Earth 2" and the figure I have is a dead ringer except for tiny changes on the hood and chest) OR Hawkgirl (Modded "Dawnstar" figure from the Legion set. This "Mod" looks pretty simple - except to model the head piece. I have an extra "Justice League" set on the way, so I might be able to scavenge parts...)
Pawns - Nightwing, Wondergirl, Batgirl, Huntress, Speedy, Power Girl, Black Canary, Green Lantern. I'd still like a Flash figure, but thus far he's elusive.

Marvel "Good Guys"

King - Mr. Fantastic (I'm still hoping to run across a Professor Xavier figure)
Queen - Jean Grey
Bishop - Thor
Bishop - Spiderman (original costume)
Knight - Human Torch (Figure is in Flight, much like Iron Man)
Knight - Iron Man
Rook - The Thing
Rook - The Hulk
Pawns, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Captain America, Dr. Strange, Sub Mariner, Colossus. I have a mohawk sporting Storm figure and a figure that would be perfect as "Vindicator" who is a Canadian themed hero from Alpha Flight, so there might still be a change here and there.

DC "Bad Guys"

King - Darkseid (I'm still on the lookout for a Lex Luthor figure)
Queen - Star Sapphire
Bishop - Sinestro
Bishop - Black Adam
Knight - Joker
Knight - Captain Cold
Rook - Solomun Grundy
Rook - Clayface
Pawns - Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Mordru, Giganta, Mongul, Dr. Light, Cheetah

Marvel "Bad Guys"

King - Kingpin (Duh!)
Queen - Mystique
Bishop - Magneto
Bishop - Dr. Doom
Knight - Doctor Octopus
Knight - Scorpion
Rook - Rhino
Rook - Juggernaut
Pawns - Venom, Electro, Mysterio, Silver Samurai, Moleman, Ultron, Apocolypse, Green Goblin.


And finally (although not much has changed) the final lineup for the Star Wars set.

Rebels.
King - Yoda (I know, I know, but I want Luke to MOVE!)
Queen - Leia
Bishop - Luke
Bishop - Obi Wan
Knight - Chewie
Knight - Han
Rook - R2D2
Rook - C3P0
Pawns - Assorted Rebel Troopers

Imperials
King - Emperor Palpatine (Duh!)
Queen - (I'm so gonna take flack but name me a female Imperial!) Vader
Bishop - Moff Tarkin
Bishop - Admiral Whassisname (I just might switch this out with the Imperial Probe Droid figure - It'd be odd but it works in context)
Knight - Boba Fett
Knight - Greedo
Rook - Emperor's Personal Guard
Rook - Emperor's Personal Guard
Pawns - Stormtroopers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home