Greybishop's Chess Set

An area to update those interested in my progress as I build a custom "Marvel Vs. DC" Chess Set. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

An old guy who you would find boring. Special skills include: Ability to eat a whole pizza in a single sitting, regardless of size; Amazing taste in comic book related apparel; My cleverest moments invariably occur when there's no audience.

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Finalized Layout, Together For The First Time.

In the following shots, I've assembled ALL of the pieces, eight per photo, to give a sense of what the set will look like as a finished product. I recommend that you open each picture to full size to get a look at the names and notations. A simple left click should open each in it's own window.

Many of the figures have yet to be modified into their final forms. Some of the modifications are done, but with the green putty standing out so starkly against the bare metal, it may be hard to picture the finished figures.

I've done my best to keep to "known" characters, but some of the villains are a bit obscure, due to a lack of "villain" figures ever being produced. If any of the names don't ring a bell, don't worry, I'll be posting the finished figure along side a piece of art that shows the "comic book look" of each for comparison. That will be a project in and of itself!

So here's where I'm at so far:

Marvel Heroes Back Row.


Marvel Heroes Front Row.


Marvel Villains Back Row.


Marvel Villains Front Row.


DC Heroes Back Row.


DC Heroes Front Row.


DC Villains Back Row.


DC Villains Front Row.


Imperial Back Row.


Imperial Front Row.


Rebel Back Row.


Rebel Front Row.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home