Greybishop's Chess Set

An area to update those interested in my progress as I build a custom "Marvel Vs. DC" Chess Set. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

An old guy who you would find boring. Special skills include: Ability to eat a whole pizza in a single sitting, regardless of size; Amazing taste in comic book related apparel; My cleverest moments invariably occur when there's no audience.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Almost Done!

And I'm all but done!

The only bit missing is the white side pawns for the Marvel set, which will be a few more days since I have to buy another kit of plastic to pour the bases. I have enough left for about 4 to 6 bases, but have 8 left to pour. Annoying to have to spend another $40 (Plus gas since I can't get it here and shipping is more than gas to Kingston or Ottawa to buy it) for the last bit, but what can I do? Also, I have a minor problem in that two of the dark side pawn jars were broken in my early experimentation with fit, so I need them made too. So, Marvel will have to wait a week or two.

But!

Everything else is done! The only last touch is to trim the odd bit of sloppy glue from the outside of the pieces once they've fully cured, but that's it!

So, here's what I did today.

The last four Rebel Soldiers









On to DC Pawns. Green Arrow



Jayna (one of the Wonder Twins)




Wildfire (My very favourite Legionnaire)



Huntress



Wonder Girl



Nightwing



Robin



Jan (the other Wonder Twin)



Here you see the difference between the pawn row and the back row of Rooks, Knights etc. I've shown you this since it's basically impossible to get good pics of the whole assembly of the back row figures once the glass goes on. They're just too tall!


Blogger is giving me a hard time, so I've had to split this HUGE post into two. The next one will show the back row figures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home