Greybishop's Chess Set

An area to update those interested in my progress as I build a custom "Marvel Vs. DC" Chess Set. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

An old guy who you would find boring. Special skills include: Ability to eat a whole pizza in a single sitting, regardless of size; Amazing taste in comic book related apparel; My cleverest moments invariably occur when there's no audience.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

The Very Last Pieces...

On a rare (like hen's teeth rare) Saturday off from work, I managed to catch my professional etcher in his shop and pick up the last glass jars for my chess set. What follows are pix of the VERY LAST figures to be permanently encased in their jars. The set is now complete, meaning the project is now almost officially over. All that remains is to cobble together a quick video of the Marvel set in all its glory and that's that!

Without further blathering from me, here are the Marvel Pawns, completed.

The Mole Man. Sharp eyed observers will note that he's now carrying his trademark power wand, thanks to some "green stuff" and a length of phone wire.



Venom



The Green Goblin



Electro



Ultron



The Vulture



Mysterio



The Silver Samurai. Sharp eyed (well, pretty much everybody) observers will note that S.S. is missing his sword arm. The glue that I used let go and he needed some surgery to fix it. I actually had to shorten the sword too, so it would fit in the jar.



Scarlet Witch



Colossus



Captain America



The Submariner



Nightcrawler



Hawkeye



Wolverine. Sharp eyed observers will note that Logan now sports some fetching claws thanks to some tiny pieces of braided phone wire and a lot of patience.



Dr. Strange. He was the final figure painted and now he's the final figure to be put under glass.



And that's it folks! Look for the last of three videos coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home